Introductory bonus$200 online cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
APR14.74% – 24.74% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery/wholesale club quarterly purchases)
- Automatically earn 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice/grocery/wholesale club quarterly purchases)
- Earn unlimited 1% on all other purchases.
Intro Purchase APR0% for 15 billing cycles
Intro Balance Transfer APR0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles for all BTs made in the first 60 days. A 3% fee (min. $10) applies.
Balance Transfer FeeEither $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
APR balance transfer14.74% – 24.74% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers
Late payment feesSee terms
Foreign transaction fees3%
APR Penaltyup to 29.99% APR
Details of rewards and redemptions
This Bank of America card gives cardholders a little more control over their rewards than most. Cardholders can choose a 3% “daily” cash back category to earn rewards in addition to the 2% and 1% static reward categories.
3% of category choices include gas, online shopping, restaurants, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings. However, the rewards are limited to $2,500 in combined purchases of 3% and 2% categories each quarter, then the rewards drop to 1%.
If you spend more than $2,500 on gas and other purchases each quarter, you might want to consider another card. But for consumers who spend less than that, this card presents an inexpensive and lucrative option for earning cash when you fill up on gas.
As well as offering a flexible rewards program, it comes with an easy-to-obtain welcome bonus and an introductory APR of 0% for purchases (then variable from 14.74% to 24.74% ). However, it doesn’t offer many other benefits, like purchase or travel protections, outside of the standard fraud protection.
- Your choice of 3% cash back category
- 0% APR Introductory Offer
- Easy welcome bonus
- Quarterly spending limit of $2,500 in combined 3% and 2% categories
- Few advantages