Human-centered interior design
The exceptional interior packaging of the all-new Honda Civic gives a feeling of space with a clean design throughout its cabin.
- thespacious cabin seats offer suede cloth with leather seats combined, for premium style and comfort
- Set back A-pillars, low hood, flat dash and hidden wipers allow for a windshield with clearly defined corners for a panoramic view
- Sport pedals bring a touch of race-inspired feel to the interior
- A striking metallic honeycomb mesh accent runs from door to door of the dashboard, creating a dramatic visual dividing line between the audio, information displays and climate controls, while the intricate design conceals the air vents giving the dashboard a seamless look.
- The dual-zone climate control feature allows occupants to find the perfect temperature, with each side having individual controls that sync with the press of a button.
- A one-touch glass sunroof adds an element of lightness
- Eight-way power adjustment to position the driver’s seat with pinpoint precision
- Rear air conditioning vents provide additional comfort for rear passengers in the hotter Middle Eastern climate
- Phones that support wireless charging can be easily charged using the center console’s wireless charging pad
For the first time, the Civic features a 10.2-inch digital instrument display and a 9-inch audio display with various smartphone capabilities. Some of the advanced features of the technology include:
- The new 9-inch color Display Audio touchscreen is the largest ever installed in any Honda-branded vehicle and features a physical volume knob, large, easy-to-recognize icons and a simplified navigation structure with integrated menus. The touchscreen system includes standard integration with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. For UAE markets, Display Audio features Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)*. Digital broadcasting allows crystal clear sound and more information can be displayed on the music or radio station screen. (*Digital Audio Broadcasting – Specifications may vary depending on quality)
- Featuring an all-digital LCD screen measuring 10.2 inches, the high-definition color LCD panel displays a variety of information, all customizable from the steering wheel controls.
- Phones that support wireless charging can be easily charged, using the wireless charging pad in the center console as well as the front USB ports
- The 9-inch screen audio system has a built-in satellite navigation app so even when you’re offline, the built-in maps will help you find your way
- Another notable feature is the Remote Engine Starter allowing drivers to remotely start the engine to pre-cool your Civic before you even get in it.
Powerful fuel-efficient performance
The all-new Honda Civic is designed for instant response with sport-tuned suspension and the 1.5L turbocharged engine paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) delivers 180 hp at 6,000 rpm.
- CVT: The all-new Honda Civic comes paired with an updated Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) engine that is uniquely tuned to improve power, engine sound, overall refinement and fuel economy ratings .
- Energy efficiency: 19.3 km/L
- Maximum power: 180 hp at 6,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 240 Nm at 4,500 rpm
- Paddle Shifters: The all-new Honda Civic allows control of the transmission using the steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
- 3-Mode Drive System: In addition to the standard Normal and Econ modes, a user-selectable Sport mode is included. Using a rocker switch on the center console, the new Sport mode offers a sportier feel and changes the instrument lighting to red. Eco mode reduces throttle and transmission sensitivity, as well as air conditioning output to help maintain fuel efficiency.
Advance safety performance
Continuing a long tradition of improving safety performance, the Honda Civic introduces several new active and passive safety systems, including the full suite of Honda Sensing® technologies:
- The Advanced Compatibility Engineering ™ (ACE ™) body structure has been improved for even better compatibility with larger vehicles with improved occupant protection in angled frontal collisions, with a new upper A-pillar structure, side frame and a lower firewall structure, all designed to channel crash energy around the cabin
- Honda Lanewatch™ uses a camera installed under the right passenger side mirror to transmit an image of the area on the right side of the vehicle to the center display screen
- The Honda Civic is equipped with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System, an electronic system that relays real-time tire pressure information to the driver of the vehicle, via a simple low pressure warning light.
- Vehicle Stability AssistMT (VSA®) with Traction Control to help with oversteer or understeer, VSA can brake individual wheels and/or reduce engine power to help you return to your desired path
- Rear Seat Reminder, a new safety feature that alerts the driver to check the rear seat when the ignition is turned off.
A first on the all-new Honda Civic is the Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver assistance technologies, which uses a new single-camera system that provides a wider field of view than the previous radar-based system. and a camera. Combined with software advances and a new, more powerful processor, the system is also able to more quickly and accurately identify other vehicles, as well as road lines and traffic signs.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) helps reduce the likelihood of a frontal impact, stopping the car if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected ahead or a pedestrian is unavoidable. A warning sounds and, if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
- The Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system uses the windshield-mounted camera to detect if the car is drifting out of its lane. It applies subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane and, in certain situations, can also apply braking force and provide a tactile warning
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) analyzes the road ahead to warn drivers of a potential collision and provides visual and audible alerts to prompt the driver to take corrective action to avoid a potential hazard
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) helps you stay in the middle of your lane, providing a less stressful driving experience by reducing the need for steering correction movements and highway driving effort
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) is activated if the car drifts out of its lane without the indicator activated, an alert flashes and sounds, to help draw your attention to lane drift correction
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) allows the driver to set the desired speed and following distance from a detected vehicle ahead, allowing the Civic to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey.
- The Low-Speed Following (LSF) system uses a windshield-mounted monocular camera to continuously track the distance to the vehicle detected ahead and adjusts the Civic’s speed to maintain the set distance.
The all-new Honda Civic is now available at Honda showrooms in the United Arab Emirates, located in Dubai Festival City, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Fujairah, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah.
More information can be found on the 2022 Honda Civic on the Honda UAE website.
About Honda Business Enterprises
Trading Enterprises Honda, part of Al-Futtaim Automotive, is the sole UAE distributor for Honda vehicles, motorcycles, marine engines, electrical products and parts. Recognized as one of the largest independent Honda distribution companies in the world, Trading Enterprises Honda is backed by an extensive network of modern showrooms, aftermarket facilities and retail counters located across the United Arab Emirates.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
Al-Futtaim Automotive, one of the five main operating divisions of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of Companies, is a conglomerate of automotive-related businesses, franchising some of the world’s most recognized automotive brands and services .
Present in 10 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa and with around 9,000 associates, the group’s services, headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, cover the distribution of new and used vehicles, manufacturing, rental and after-sales.
Ranging from passenger cars to SUVs, utility vehicles, industrial and construction equipment as well as motorcycles and quads, Al-Futtaim Automotive Group provides an integrative customer-centric experience for motorists, fleet operators and contractors, and strives to become the leader in made-to-measure. tailor-made mobility solutions.
Founded in the 1930s as a trading company, Al-Futtaim is today one of the most diverse and progressive private regional companies, headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into five operational divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; Employing over 35,000 people in over 20 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa, we partner with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands.
Al-Futtaim’s entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering customer focus allows the organization to continue to grow and develop; meet the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By defending our values of respect, excellence, collaboration, integrity; Al-Futtaim continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers every day. For more information visit: www.alfuttaim.com
For more information please contact:
Media and Influencer Relations Manager | Impact Porter Novelli
Email: [email protected]
© Press Release 2022